[vtkusers] Delayloading VTK

Taron taron2000 at gmx.de
Tue Jul 18 06:32:56 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I am trying to delay load some vtk DLLs in my application. I want to achieve
to set different DLL directory for opengl32.dll to switch to a software
renderer. Despite declaring the dlls with /DELAYLOAD:<module> some DLLs are
instantly loaded at startup of the application. I traced it down and it
seems to be related with VTK_MODULE_INIT. This seems to initialize some
stuff right at startup and therefore loading some vtk DLLS.

Is there anyway to delay the initialization of the VTK modules, so that the
delayloading actually works?

Best Regards

Klaus