[vtkusers] VTKboolean smoothes the results! Any other libraries for boolean operation on polydata?

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Jul 17 11:00:48 EDT 2017

What do you mean by smooth? The lighting is smooth? I think the filter
may be adding surface normals, in which case any actor for the data
will turn on Gouraud shading (or maybe Phong) by default, which will
make your surface look smooth. You can turn off smooth lighting as
shown in this example:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/FlatShading

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 9:49 AM, Majid Mohammad sadeghi via vtkusers
<vtkusers at vtk.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am using vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter, and it works fine except after
> the operation it smoothes the polydata, which I dont want. Is there a way to
> stop that? Or is there another library for boolean operations on polydata?
>
> Thanks.

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer