[vtkusers] Polydata cross-section contours

Koteswara Rao Ruvva ruvva at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 11 14:41:07 EDT 2017

I am adding more details to this question.
Basically I am comparing two polydata sets (target and source). These are STL files with triangular facets. I am comparing the polydata sets in the following way: 1. Using the ImplicitPolyDataDistance function to get the distance from a point on the source to target polydata. I use this to find the distance  at mouse locations. This works perfect.2. Creating cross-section contours of source and contour using the vtkCutter and visually compare the contours.
However, I want to the source contour to be within + or - 0.2mm tolerance from target contour. It would be easy for me if I have two more contours with +0.2 offset and -0.2 offset from the target contour. This makes my visual comparison easier.
I tried to render the target contour with 0.4 thickness which solves this problem partly, but when I zoom in, the thickness does not change.
Appreciate your feedback. Thank you.