[vtkusers] Matrix Rotation for Imgae Reslice Help

Majid Mohammad sadeghi majid.msadeghi at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 09:51:29 EDT 2017

Hello to everyone,
I have a 4x4 transformation matrix which I am using for Image Reslice and it works fine. Now I want to know how to rotate this matrix 90 degrees around an arbitrary axis so that I can reslice image in the new direction?

When I use vtkTransform as:
vtkSmartPointer<vtkTransform> Transform= vtkSmartPointer<vtkTransform>::New();    Transform->SetMatrix(OriginalMatrix);
    Transform->RotateWXYZ(90, ArbitraryAxis);    Transform->Inverse();
    Transform->Update();
    Transform->GetInverse(NewMatrix);
It does not give me the right matrix.

Can anybody give me a hint on where to start?
Thanks.