[vtkusers] Control VTK frame rate

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Tue Jul 4 15:09:56 EDT 2017

> By rendering more number of actor, I get a frame rate of 7-9 but i am trying
> to improve it to 12-14. And I get no where near 60 FPS though my display
> settings are set to 60. At frame rate of 7-9 and 12-14 there is huge visible
> difference, which I am trying to improve.

Your display settings have nothing to do with how well VTK can perform.

What I meant was: Why are you moving your actor at such a high
frequency (1000 times per second)? To me it doesn't make sense to try
to move it that often (you're probably swamping VTK with render
requests).

I would try to move it maybe 60 times per second, or at least in that ballpark.

Where are these high frequency events coming from?

If you by any chance is using Qt 5.5, and these are mouse/touch
events, you could be suffering from QTBUG-40889 (fixed in 5.6).

Elvis