[vtkusers] RemoveViewProp then AddViewProp of same actor changes results?

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Thu Jan 19 16:59:09 EST 2017

It should be the same unless any of the actors are coincident or
translucent. In that case the order of the actors can make a difference.
alpha blending for transparency is order dependent and with coincident
geometry either first or last wins (I forget which in VTK). Not sure if
that applies in your example.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:54 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a scene with various actors and everything draws and behaves
> correctly.  If I then simply remove and re-add an actor like so:
>
>         renderer->RemoveViewProp(actor);
>         renderer->AddViewProp(actor);
>
> then should I expect things to redraw exactly as they were?  I thought
> yes, but I have a case where the answer is no.  Here's a screenshot:
>
> <https://www.rogue-research.com/VTKRemoveAddBug.png>
>
> The left is correct and before the remove+add.  The right is after and
> incorrect.
>
> Is this expected? buggy?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --

> opensource/opensource.html

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.