[vtkusers] Arbitrary connectivity table to triangle-only connectivity table?

BBerco bebe0705 at colorado.edu
Fri Jan 13 13:43:11 EST 2017

Dear all,

I am dealing with the connectivity table of a polygon that is a mix of
triangular/quadrangular/else facets.
That is, the connectivity looks like this:

0 : 0 1 2 3 4
1 : 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
2 : 0 2 3 4 5 6 7
3 : 4 5 6 7 8
4 : 2 3 4 6 7 8
5 : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

My point is that there should be only three indices after the ":" symbol.

Is there a filter in VTK I could provide this connectivity table with, and
that would return a triangular-facet only connectivity table (obviously with
more rows/facets, but with those facets comprised of exactly three vertices
instead)?

Best,
Ben