[vtkusers] Issue; Number of Regions are equal to the number of Polys

Mohammadreza Babaee mrezababaee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 10:22:00 EST 2017

Hi

I have a vtp file that contains a polydata. I want to extract its connected
component. However, when I use* vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter**, *and read
the number of regions, it shows that the it is equal to the number of
polys. But when I visualize the file I see that there are actually 4
regions.

I use SetExtractionModeToAllRegions to read the number of regions.
I have attached the file. Can you please help me to understand what the
problem is

So here is my code

vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter> connectivityFilter =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter>::New();
    connectivityFilter->SetInputData(poly_in);
    connectivityFilter->ScalarConnectivityOn();

    connectivityFilter->SetExtractionModeToAllRegions();

    connectivityFilter->Update();
    int nbregions = connectivityFilter->GetNumberOfExtractedRegions();

    cout << "Number of Extracted Regions are=" << nbregions << endl;

Thanks