[vtkusers] How to actor combine?

Youngkyun, Park youngkyunp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 10:14:49 EST 2017

Hi, all.

I'm newbie for VTK, and maybe exist classes that I want already. Please,
understand me.
(I don't want to use big project like IGSTK or something like that.)

As the subject, I want to combine actors.

I'm making some code for freehand ultrasound.(I know that there are many
questions and answers.)

here is a scenario for surface reconstruction that I thought.

1. Get a frame(2D slice image) from video streaming(Ultrasound).

2. Get position and orientation at that time.

3. Contouring from 1. (with OpenCV)

4. Convert contour to 3D Points.(point -> polydata -> mapper -> actor)

5. set position and orientation with actor.

6. combine with previous actors(for surfacing)

7. rendering(renderer->render())

8. repeat 1~7 until predefined stop condition.

Now, I implemented from 1 to 5. Is this right way?

I think just many actors leads low performance and separated actors can't be
reconstructed surface.

So, I want to combine actors.

If there is better way please let me know.