[vtkusers] vtkImageData Modified: Just update a small area of the data?

Willy Wiggerl at Linhuber.info
Wed Feb 22 04:25:57 EST 2017

Hi,

i have a very simple pipeline:
vtkImageData->vtkPassThroughFilter->vtkSmartVolumeMapper. Each time i modify
the data in my vtkImageData i call Modified, which causes the Mapper to
reread all Data and show me a updated rendered image. The problem is, that i
have a lot of little modifications, here a few bytes there a few bytes, but
Modified() always updates all of the data. It ok for max 300 mb of
imageData, but images above that are stuttering.

I already considered:
SetAxisUpdateExtent
SetUpdateExtent
vtkExtractVOI
vtkProgrammableFilter

But nothing of that seems to do what i want.

Can i tell the mapper just to update the tiny bit of data i changed?

Thanks
Willy