[vtkusers] Volume Clipping

Andras Lasso lasso at queensu.ca
Tue Feb 21 08:58:07 EST 2017

Have a look at how the scissors tool is implemented in 3D Slicer’s segment editor module. It’s all in VTK, quite fast (creates a polydata mask and applies that to the volume), and works for both parallel and perspective projection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4zTj8i4tCA

Source code:
https://github.com/Slicer/Slicer/blob/master/Modules/Loadable/Segmentations/EditorEffects/qSlicerSegmentEditorScissorsEffect.cxx

Andras