[vtkusers] vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper: Updateing ImageData after first Rendering?

zmantorn zmanvortex at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:03:58 EST 2017

I have a large .NET multi document interface project that utilizes many
"document windows" embedded in the main application. Each of these document
windows has a .NET windows forms panel object and utilizes VTK through
C++/CLI. I am not using a .NET picturebox object but rather a .NET windows
forms panel object. I pass the handle pointer for the panel object as the
parentid to the VTK renderwindow object. I also create VTK observers for all
of the interaction (left mouse down/up, mouse move, etc..) in each panel and
do custom interaction by subclassing a VTK user interactor ( I forget the
name of the VTK user interactor). This works flawlessly and I do not get
flicker. As I activate each "document" window by clicking in it or on the
title bar the interaction works just for the activated document. The
rendering speed is also very good considering I am using .NET functionality
with VTK.