[vtkusers] Web3D 2017 ACM conference - Papers Deadline Extended to 27 Feb 2017
christophe.mouton at edf.fr
Mon Feb 13 04:12:42 EST 2017
Sorry for multiple postings.
The deadline for scientific and technical communications to Web3D 2017 is extended to 27th February 2017.
Scientific, medical visualization with VR and/or thanks/on the web are tremendous topics!
Submissions of Papers, posters and proposals for workshops and tutorials are very welcomed!
CALL FOR PAPERS, POSTERS, TUTORIALS AND WORKSHOPS
Papers and Posters Deadline Extended to 27 Feb 2017
Web3D 2017: 22nd International Conference on 3D Web Technology
Sponsored by ACM SIGGRAPH in Co-operation with Web3D Consortium
Date: 5-7 June 2017
Location: Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
The 22nd International Conference on 3D Web Technology (Web3D 2017) continues to address an extensive range of research, development, and practice related to Web-based 3D Graphics.
2017 will be a historic year for 3D on the Web. We are seeing the explosion of WebVR and the potential of WebAR just around the corner. With WebGL now widely supported by default in modern browsers, tools such as X3D, X3DOM, Cobweb, three.js, glTF, and A-Frame VR are allowing nearly anyone to create Web3D content. Commercial game engines such as Unity and Unreal are starting to offer ways to export and publish directly to Web3D.
The conference will explore topics including: research on simulation and training using Web3D, enabling technology of web-aware, interactive 3D graphics from mobile devices up to high-end immersive environments, and the use of ubiquitous multimedia across a wide range of applications and environments. For example:
· Virtual Reality (VR)
· Mixed Augmented Reality (MAR)
· Cultural and Natural Heritage
· Medical, Telemedicine (eHealth)
· Transportation and Geospatial
· Industry Applications
· Archival Digital Publications
· Human Animation, Motion Capture
· 3D Printing and 3D Scanning
• CAD and Advanced Manufacturing
• Education and E-learning
• Collaboration and Annotation
• Tourism and Accessibility
• Gaming and Entertainment
• Creativity and Digital Art
• Public Sector (Open Government)
• Open Web Platform Integration
• Novel Capabilities
For the 2017 conference edition, we welcome works addressing the emerging opportunities and research of portable, integrated information spaces over the web including, but not limited to:
· Emerging WebVR and WebAR capabilities.
· Scalable, interoperable representations and modeling methods for complex geometry, structure, and behaviors.
· 3D similarity search and matching, 3D search interfaces, sketch-based approaches.
· Visualization and exploration of 3D object repositories.
· Scientific and medical visualization, medical simulation and training.
· 3D content creation, analysis tools and pipelines, and 3D classification.
· Annotation, metadata, hyperlinking and Semantic Web for 3D objects and scenes.
· Generative and example-based shape modeling and optimization.
· 3D scanning, 3D reconstruction 3D digitization, and 3D printing.
· Streaming and rendering of large-scale models, animations, and virtual worlds.
· Progressive 3D compression and model optimization.
· Collaborative operation and distributed virtual environments.
· Web-wide human-computer interaction and 3D User Interfaces.
· 3D City Models, Building Information Modeling & Geo-visualization.
· Mixed and Augmented Reality (MAR) including standardization aspects.
· Web3D and associated APIs, toolkits, and frameworks.
· Novel Web3D interaction paradigms for mobile/handheld applications.
· Web based interaction techniques including gesture, pen and voice.
· Agents, animated humanoids, and complex reactive characters.
· Motion capture for composition and streaming of behaviors and expressions.
· Web3D for social networking.
· Script algorithms and programming for lightweight Web3D.
· Network transmission over mobile Internet.
· Server-side 3D engines and cloud-based gaming.
· Architecture support by large Web3D applications for CAD tools and solid modelers.
· Data analysis and intelligent algorithms for big Web3D data.
· Interactive Web 3D applications in all applications and sectors.
Papers Submission Instructions: Deadline extended - 27 February 2017
Authors are invited to submit full papers (up to 9 pages, including figures and references) or short papers (up to 4 pages, including figures and references) in PDF format via the Submission Site: http://web3d2017.web3d.org/submissions/papers<http://web3d2017.web3d.org/submissions/papers/>
Papers must be formatted using the document templates for conferences sponsored by ACM SIGGRAPH (see http://www.siggraph.org/learn/instructions-authors). All submissions will be peer-reviewed for quality and contribution by the conference International Program Committee.
Poster Submission Instructions: Deadline extended - 27 February 2017
Posters present results of ongoing work in relevant areas of Web3D research and application. The poster format offers the opportunity to interactively present and discuss interesting results to the Web3D community. We particularly encourage contributions that take advantage of the nature of the poster space to present and raise awareness of the work in effective and imaginative ways.
Authors submitting posters should provide a poster abstract that gives a concise description of the main idea, its findings, and next steps. The abstract should include supportive data, and a brief discussion of the most relevant related work from the literature and state where the presented work extends.
Submissions will be reviewed by the Program Committee for contribution and interest to conference topics. For more information, please see the poster submission instructions at http://web3d2017.web3d.org/submissions/posters<http://web3d2017.web3d.org/submissions/posters/>
Tutorial and Workshop Submission Instructions: Deadline 4 April 2017
Tutorials on specific related topics and panels on challenging areas are encouraged. As in previous years, Web3D 2017 will also feature a number of co-located Workshop sessions. The series of Workshops and Tutorials are intended to provide a forum for researchers and practitioners from both the Web and 3D graphics communities to discuss and exchange positions on current and emergent 3D Web topics.
For more details about Workshops: http://web3d2017.web3d.org/submissions/workshops<http://web3d2017.web3d.org/submissions/workshops/>
For more details about Tutorials: http://web3d2017.web3d.org/submissions/tutorials<http://web3d2017.web3d.org/submissions/tutorials/>
H-Anim Competition Deadline: 1 May 2017
This annual competition is dedicated to showing how H-Anim and X3D Graphics standards can be used for creating music videos. This competition is organized by the Korean Standards Association (KSA), Web3D Consortium, and Korean National Radio Research Agency (RRA) with support by the Korea Society for Standards and Standardization (SSS). Each entry is judged on the following: originality, creativity of 3D character animation, creativity of the virtual stage, use of H-Anim ISO/IEC 19774 specification (LOA1, LOA2, LOA3) for character models, and use of the X3D Graphics capabilities.
PRIZES: KSA PRIZE (1st place), SSS PRIZE (2nd place), Web3D PRIZE (3rd place)
Winners will be announced at 2017 Web3D Conference, Brisbane Australia, 5-7 June 2017. Winners do not need to be in attendance to receive their prize, and will be contacted by Web3D organizers.
Prizes will be provided to winners in the form of cash or merchandise valued at approximately $1000 US (tax included).
For more details about H-Anim Competition: http://web3d2017.web3d.org/h-anim-competition/
Please send your submission to: competition-submissions at web3.org<mailto:competition-submissions at web3.org>
Papers/Posters Submission Deadline: 27 February 2017 (Deadline extended)
Papers/Posters Notification: 27 March 2017
Tutorial/Workshop Deadline: 3 March 2017
Tutorial/Workshop Notification: 4 April 2017
Camera-ready Papers/Posters: 4 April 2017
H-Anim Competition Entry: 1 May 2017
Vince Marchetti, KShell Analysis & Web3D Consortium, USA
Jakub Flotyński, Poznań University of Economics and Business, Poland
Chris Thorne, Systemic, Australia
Sandy Ressler, NIST, USA
Erik Champion, Curtin University, Australia
Tony Huang, University of Tasmania, Australia
Sean O’Donoghue, CSIRO & The Garvan Institute, Australia
Digital Art Exhibition Chairs
June Kim, University of New South Wales, Australia
Ina Conradi Chavez, NTU
Matt Adcock, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia
Tomasz Bednarz, CSIRO Data61 & Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Anita Havele, Web3D Consortium, USA
Angela Cheng, Khronos Group, USA
Xavier Ho, CSIRO & The University of Sydney, Australia
Anita Havele, Executive Director, Web3D Consortium, USA
Don Brutzman, Naval Postgraduate School, USA
Nicholas F. Polys, Virginia Tech, USA
Web3d2017-planning mailing list
Web3d2017-planning at web3d.org<mailto:Web3d2017-planning at web3d.org>
Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le 'Message') sont établis à l'intention exclusive des destinataires et les informations qui y figurent sont strictement confidentielles. Toute utilisation de ce Message non conforme à sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute publication totale ou partielle, est interdite sauf autorisation expresse.
Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce Message, il vous est interdit de le copier, de le faire suivre, de le divulguer ou d'en utiliser tout ou partie. Si vous avez reçu ce Message par erreur, merci de le supprimer de votre système, ainsi que toutes ses copies, et de n'en garder aucune trace sur quelque support que ce soit. Nous vous remercions également d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur par retour du message.
Il est impossible de garantir que les communications par messagerie électronique arrivent en temps utile, sont sécurisées ou dénuées de toute erreur ou virus.
This message and any attachments (the 'Message') are intended solely for the addressees. The information contained in this Message is confidential. Any use of information contained in this Message not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval.
If you are not the addressee, you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return message.
E-mail communication cannot be guaranteed to be timely secure, error or virus-free.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vtkusers