[vtkusers] Error opening vtp file

Isaac Castro Mateos isaac.casm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 14:42:53 EST 2017

Hi,

I am trying to read a vtp file with the  following code:

vtkSmartPointer< vtkXMLPolyDataReader > readerXML = vtkSmartPointer<
vtkXMLPolyDataReader >::New();
readerXML->SetFileName(paths.c_str());
readerXML->Update();
mesh = readerXML->GetOutput();

However, it is given me the following error:

ERROR: In
/staff/icm16/My_repository/Thirdparties/VTK-6.3.0/IO/XML/vtkXMLReader.cxx,
line 234
vtkXMLPolyDataReader (0x68f310): Error opening file
/staff/icm16/TestSamples/SegmentationVertebrae/SegmentationsNew/V1/meshWithSimilarityReg2.vtp

ERROR: In
/staff/icm16/My_repository/Thirdparties/VTK-6.3.0/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkExecutive.cxx,
line 784
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x68fe90): Algorithm
vtkXMLPolyDataReader(0x68f310) returned failure for request: vtkInformation
(0x691600)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 76
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_INFORMATION
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

There is no problem at all when opening the file with paraview. I am using
an Ubuntu machine with VTK-6.3.0.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks a lot.
Isaac.