[vtkusers] Changing level/window in LUT for ImageSlice: Unwanted clipping effects

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 12:51:20 EST 2017

Hi Sophonet,

Can you send the exact code that you use to set up the lookup table,
including the call to Build(), so that I can check locally?

 - David

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Sophonet <vtk12af6bc42 at kant.sophonet.de>
wrote:

> Well, on my system your proposed change did not work, I still see
> transparent color when LUT clipping occurs, exactly as before. I have even
> copied your lines of your previous posting plus the Build() call below the
> SetRange() callback, in which I am doing level/windowing. Not sure why
> though - I might check again using the HEAD (I am on 7.1.0 release)
>
> - Sophonet
>

> Am 2017-02-02 18:08, schrieb David Gobbi:
>
>> Okay, here is a very simple work-around for this issue: Just call
>> Build() on the table after you have set all the other table
>> parameters.  Please let me know if this fixes the issue.
>>
>> I've submitted a fix for mapper so that it will call Build()
>> automatically.  I'm not sure why it didn't do this before.
>>
>>  - David
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 8:41 AM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I've discovered more about this issue.  The Above/Below colors will
>>> work if you call SetNumberOfColors after turning them on:
>>>
>>> table->SetBelowRangeColor(1,0,0,1);
>>> table->SetAboveRangeColor(0,1,0,1);
>>> table->UseAboveRangeColorOn();
>>> table->UseBelowRangeColorOn();