[vtkusers] Smoothing Surface

Henan Zhao henan1 at umbc.edu
Fri Dec 15 22:56:30 EST 2017

Thanks!
I have one more question about smoothing a surface.

If a surface is made up by two shapes, like a semi-sphere and a plane.
Is there a good way to smooth the original connectivity between the two
shapes in VTK?
For example, assuming that I locate a semi-sphere on the top of a plane, I
expect that the angle on the connectivity part is 90 degree.
However, the connectivity part is also smoothed and the angle is larger
than 90 degree after I use the smoothing algorithm.