[vtkusers] vtkOBJReader not reading the whole mesh

Tony Yuan tonyuanac at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 13:56:44 EST 2017

Hi Bill,

I tried the code on the example website, and got a mesh with texture, but still, it only contains the legs of the chair. From what I see in Meshlab, it seems that only the legs have texture. Is that the reason why the OBJImporter doesn’t read the remaining part?

I am only interested in getting the entire mesh as a vtkPolyData, not the texture. If the material file is incomplete, is there a way I can still get the mesh from the obj file?

I attached the mtl file for your reference.