[vtkusers] canny edge detection help

Ramamurthy, Rajesh (GE Global Research, US) ramamurr at research.ge.com
Thu Aug 24 12:17:52 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I am new to using VTK and hence I am trying to work with the toolkit using the online examples for canny edge detection and reading DICOM images.

My need is to do sub-pixel canny edge detection of a DICOM image and then write out the results to a file. I found examples for both and combined it together into a test app code as below.

The code builds, and runs but I am always getting no edges written to my output edges.txt file. I tried playing with different canny parameters but it did not seem to change the situation. I want the edges of the attached DCM file to be found, I have a sample edge detection shown in the attached text file here.

Thanks!
Rajesh