[vtkusers] How would you go about converting an SVG file into 3D mesh

alican alican1812 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 22 04:27:25 EDT 2017

I have an SVG file, that I would like to convert into a mesh. It should have
some depth, but the depth and Z position can be the same for all points. I
have thought about getting all points coordinates from SVG and adding the
same z to all points, then duplicating the process with a slightly different
z, then merging these 2 data sets into one mesh.

There is at least 2 problems with this approach:
1) it is slow and inefficient
2) if there are some shapes in the SVG, I do not have real points, I need to
create the points first, for example, I have 2 centers and 2 radiuses for an
ellipse, so I can generate some points on this ellipse' curve.
This makes the process even more slow.

What would be a more efficient approach, if there is one?
Thanks