[vtkusers] Chart + OpenGL2 Backend + Intel Hd = Only square

Taron taron2000 at gmx.de
Mon Aug 21 08:05:36 EDT 2017

Hi there,

since we switched to the OpenGL2 Backend whenever we use LinePLots or
PointPlots, for Windows machines with IntelHD graphics the setMarkerStyle is
ignored. We have somnething like this:

    vtkPlot* points = chart_->AddPlot( vtkChart::POINTS );
    points->SetInputData( tables[0], 0, 1 );
    points->SetIndexedLabels( vtkStringArray::SafeDownCast(
tables[0]->GetColumn( 2 ) ) );
    points->SetColor( col.red(), col.green(), col.blue(), 255 );
    vtkPlotPoints::SafeDownCast( points )->SetMarkerStyle(
vtkPlotPoints::CROSS );

On Intel graphics this paints always squares and on nvidia or ati cards
everything works as expected.
With the old backend it was also ok on intel graphics. Any comments on what
goes wrong here and how to fix this?