[vtkusers] Using multile texture files in vtkOBJImporter

vinmean iamdpak at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 21:18:25 EDT 2017

Thanks for the reply. What I had with me was a single mesh.obj, a single MTL
file mesh.mtl and multiple texture files mesh_material0000_map_kd.png,
mesh_material0001_map_kd.png, mesh_material0002_map_kd.png.

After setting the obj and mtl file names, I set only the first material
mesh_material0000_map_kd.png using the importer->setTexturePath(). I was
able to get the complete 3D object with the textures applied.

I had asked this question because the  setTexturePath took only one texture
file path. Even though my problem seems to be resolved, I am curious to
understand if my scenario is different from "/Only one texture per object/".
It would be great if you can point me to tutorials/materials which talk
about how textures are applied because I didn't understand the statement
/"you have an OBJ file where one piece (material?), uses multiple textures
and has multiple sets of texture coordinates per vertex"/