[vtkusers] Qt5/VTK application does not start correctly (with X11 forwarding)

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 10:13:02 EDT 2017

The "-X" vs "-Y" doesn't mean encrypted vs. non-encrypted.  See the ssh man
page here:

https://man.openbsd.org/ssh

Specifically:   -Y    Enables trusted X11 forwarding.

The "-Y" gives the client access to the GPU, and is necessary for all but
the most basic rendering.  I'm not sure if putty provides this option,
since I do nearly all of my work on Linux or Mac.

 - David