[vtkusers] Is there a way to disable the keyboard shortcuts related to VtkRenderInteractorWindow

Jay jayavardhanravi at outlook.com
Fri Aug 11 09:38:42 EDT 2017

I am trying to disable the keyboard shortcuts that come by default with the
vtkRenderWindowInteractor like disable 'q','w','r','t','j'... for various
events. I intent only to disable the keyboard shortcuts but not to disable
the mouse interaction.

I tried using /interactor.Disable();/ but this disables the mouse
interaction.

I also tried to remap the keys using the callback event but I was looking
for much simpler ways, if they exists

Sample pseudo code that I wrote is:

/tSource = vtksphersource::New();
tsource.setRadius(10);
tSource.Update();
tPolyMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
tPolyMapper.setInputConnection(tSource.getOutputPort());
tActor = vtkActor::New();
tActor.setMapper(tPolyMapper);

ren = vtkRenderer::New();
window = vtkRenderWindow::New();
interactor = vtkRenderWindownteractor::New();

window.addRenderer(ren);
interactor.setRenderWindow(window);

ren.render();
interactor.Start();/

Any suggestion or ideas would be helpful.

Regards