[vtkusers] Convex hull of spherical point cloud has holes

Amit amit112amit at yahoo.co.in
Wed Aug 9 23:34:19 EDT 2017

Thank you Bill and David for your replies.

David: I did not use vtkCleanPolyData. I had read the doc multiple times
but I did not have the patience to understand the significance of alpha.

Bill: You are right. I was using the default value of alpha=0.0. Just
out of trial and error I set alpha=1.0 and the issue got resolved. I
think that as I am working with unit spheres, alpha_radius=1.0 is
sufficiently large value so that all faces of all tetrahedron get
included in the output convex hull.

Thanks once again for the pointers.

Regards,
Amit