[vtkusers] Clarification and help using vtkLookupTable

Neel Patel 0-0-0 siva.yedithi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 20:04:43 EDT 2017

Hi All,

     I'm trying to use vtkLookupTable to add color in my image, something
like what they show on the weather forecasts. From what I understand,
SetRange(0,255) means that any pixel value in the image that is in between
the min and max, will be assigned a value that has been set by
SetTableValue(0, 0, 0, 0, 0) and SetTableValue(255, 255, 255, 255, 1). To
test this out I made a simple lookupTable where everything except for 0 was
given a rgb value of 255, 0, 0;

 vtkLookupTable table = vtkLookupTable.New();
            table.SetRange(0, 255);
            table.SetTableValue(0, 0, 0, 0, 0);

            for (int i = 1; i < 255; i++)
            {
                table.SetTableValue(i, 255, 0, 0, 0.3);
            }
            table.SetRampToLinear();
            table.Build();

This however still gives me and image with red, green, and blue showing up
instead of just red. Also just to note this is on top of a black/white
image, so there aren't any other places from which the colors could come
from. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

                           Regards,
                                Neel Patel