[vtkusers] Automatically change radius of sphere when a variable changes its value

M. Jordan mjordan at live.at
Fri Aug 4 10:00:58 EDT 2017

Hello,

I have a scene with many spheres (about 100) in my QVTK-Widget.
Now I would like to achieve that the radii of the spheres change automatically when a variable changes its value.

Right now I add the spheres to the scene, start a timer and in the timer callback I change the radius of the SphereSources depending on the variable. Finally, I call qvtkwidget->update(); to update the spheres in my scene.

It works, but i would like to improve the speed. Any ideas how to update spheres faster? Is there any possibility to only "re-render" one sphere and not the whole scene?

Thank you!