[vtkusers] GPU antialising not working on OpenGL2

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Thu Apr 27 20:07:13 EDT 2017

Try SetMultiSamples(8)  avoid SetAAFrames()  see if that gives you hat you
want.

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Patricio Palma C. <patriciop at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Experts
>
> I have an application runs on Linux using VTK 5.10 with the old opengl
> back-end, when running this application in a workstation with GPU it
> produces structures that are rendered with anti-aliasing, the code for this
> application do not consider calls like SetMultiSamples() or SetAAFrame() to
> get this effect, then I assume the GPU is providing this for free :).
>
> On the other hand, the same application ported to VTK 7.1 and using the
> new back-end OpenGL2, tested on the same workstation, do not produces the
> same anti-aliased images. I have tried using SetAAFrames() but the results
> are not the same, and the performance got a bit slower.
>
> Do you have any idea about what can be causing this? or How can I get the
> GPU anti-aliasing enabled when using VTK 7.1 with OpenGL2?
>

> --
> Patricio Palma Contreras

> opensource/opensource.html

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Ken Martin PhD
Distinguished Engineer
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.