[vtkusers] VTK/OpenGL2 application over VirtualGL/TurboVNC?

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Mon Apr 24 08:57:54 EDT 2017

> Elvis, could you try running the following test?
>
> ctest -R VBOPLY -VV
>
> or explicitly as
>
> vtkRenderingOpenGL2CxxTests TestVBOPLYMapper -D ExternalData\Testing
>
> and send me the output? That test checks for OpenGL2 support and prints out
> an error message if it fails to get a valid context.

Everything seems fine. The output is

first render time: 0.381111
opengl version 4.5
interactive render time: 0.0321125
number of triangles: 871414
triangles per second: 2.71363e+07

and I could see the dragon render quickly before disappearing.

I'll try to cook up a minimal example that sets up a volume rendering
pipeline similar to what I have in our application, and try to
reproduce the problem I get there.

Elvis