[vtkusers] My personal VTK package for Ubuntu 16.04

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Wed Apr 19 01:54:10 EDT 2017

> I've pushed a proper VTK7 update to the Debian repos [1]. It's also
> available on a PPA [2] for Ubuntu 17.04. Chime in on the bug report [3] if
> you like.

That's fantastic news Nico. Great work!

I just wish I had Zesty so I could give it a spin, but it looks like
you've done a very thorough job.

Just one thing: I would suggest adding
-DModule_vtkRenderingFreeTypeFontConfig=ON to bring in the fontconfig
module. Without it, it's impossible to use system fonts through
fontconfig, short of figuring out the font file paths on your own.

Again, many thanks for doing this work. Now my crazy dream would be an
SRU to Xenial as well, but I guess that's not on the map.

Elvis