[vtkusers] VTK version 7.1.1 causes crashes but 7.0.0 works fine.

majinsaha saiya-jin at yandex.ru
Wed Apr 12 07:15:38 EDT 2017

Hello!
I recently updated my 7.0.0 version to 7.1.1. When I tried simple Hello
World problem, I got the following error

ERROR: In
/home/saha/Downloads/VTK-7.1.1/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 628
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x1b81c20): GLEW could not be initialized.

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I work in Linux, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I tried to rebuild VTK with different
options, but it lead to other errors. Please not that whenever I build my
Hello World problem by linking with VTK-7.0.0, everything works fine as
before.

What would be the right list of configurations options to build VTK-7.1.1 as
to avoid this or similar errors?

My command
glxinfo | grep OpenGL
produces the following:
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Mobile
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 9.0.3
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL extensions:

Thanks for any advice!