[vtkusers] Issuings running make in my VTK-build directory

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Apr 11 22:32:59 EDT 2017

You probably don't want to do "touch *" since CMake and the generated
Makefiles will automatically deal with time stamps for files. Often at
times like this it's best to start from scratch in a clean build directory.

Another thing to check with your CMake configuration for Python is the
Python interpretor, include directory and library. In the past when Python
2 and Python 3 were installed on the same system CMake would get confused.
and mix them. You can check the following CMake variables and values for my
machine:
 PYTHON_EXECUTABLE                /usr/bin/python2
 PYTHON_EXTRA_LIBS
 PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR               /usr/include/python2.7
 PYTHON_LIBRARY                   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7.so

Cheers,
Andy