[vtkusers] Displaying 2D image with vtkPolyData

Eric Petersen peer9802 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 15:10:30 EDT 2017

Hello,

I have various cardiac CT scans where I've segmented various areas and
created STL files (using Mimics) of the objects.  I then have Python
scripts where I am able to read, and display, these objects using VTK.  I
don't have any issue with this part.  I also have bi-plane fluoroscopy (2D)
images of the same patients where I would like to display the bi-plane
images with the imported vtkPolyData (from CT scans) to fuse the two
imaging modalities.

I've been looking around for how to display 2D images (either directly from
DICOM or 2D numpy array) with 3D vtkPolyData objects and I'm struggling to
find a good example.

Can anyone suggest some filters and usage to get me started?

Eric