[vtkusers] VTK- shift plane along spline, perpendiculary at each point of curve

MarWas18 marcinwas94 at interia.pl
Mon Apr 3 07:59:02 EDT 2017

Hello!

My problem is that I have a parametric spline (vtkParametricSpline) defined
on few points and I want to shift along this spline a plane (vtkPlane) which
is cutting function for cutter (vtkCutter).

I want this plane to have center on spline and to be perpendicular to the
spline at each point.

Here are my questions:
1. How to shift plane smoothly along whole spline? Let's say that I have
only 5 points defined and spline is very long- I know how to place plane at
this 5 points (SetOrigin, and I take coordinates of these points), but how
to shift plane along whole spline smoothly?
2. How to make plane perpendicular to spline at each point automatically?
Are there any methods that might be used?

Best regards,
Marcin