[vtkusers] In iOS volume rendering can not work in 7.1 and 7.1.1

Blade Whistler bladewhistle at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 02:45:10 EDT 2017

Hi

I use the volume rendering (VTK 7.0) in iOS for my application. it works
well.

I'm trying to update to 7.1 or 7.1.1, since in 7.0 I found the clipping is
not work in 7.0. An error will occur when compiling the shader, the error
is ''<' does not operate on 'float' and 'int' ". I modifed the shader in
'vtkVolumeShaderComposer.h' to make it pass, but the clipping performance
is poor.

When compiling the 7.1 and 7.1.1 in iOS, the volume rendering is not
default enabled, I need to modified in vtkiOS.cmake to make it compile.

After compile, when I run volume rendering in iOS, there are still has
shader compiling problems. I changed the shader (mostly change the 0 to
0.0) to bypass the error, but see nothing on the screen. It seems in latest
version of VTK the volume rendering is not working anymore in iOS.

Leon