[vtkusers] OpenGL2 using mesa

ianl ilindsay at insigniamedical.co.uk
Fri Sep 30 05:41:23 EDT 2016

Hi, thanks for raising it with the Mesa people. Their reply looks promising.

I think that going back to using the old OpenGL back end may be the best
route for now to get us up and running. The new version seems to not be able
to query the graphics card for it's available memory at the moment - see my
separate post on this subject (GPU Memory Detection), so this would solve
this for now too.

The gold plated solution would be for the backend to drop back to the old
one automatically if there is not enough support, I expect that this is
probably quite tricky though. I guess at some stage you have to stop
supporting older hardware.