[vtkusers] Berger-Rigoutsos algorithm in VTK

kenichiro yoshimi rccm.kyoshimi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 20:07:59 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I want to use VTK AMR data-structures for an Adaptive-Grid Cartesian
Cut-Cell method. Since in VTK, the AMR data-structure is implemented as a
Structured AMR dataset (Berger-Collela AMR), for my purpose, I may require
the Berger-Rigoutsos algorithm to be commonly used for clustering
tagged-cells where they are intersecting with input surfaces. So, I create
a filter inherited from vtkOverlappingAMRAlgorithm to execute BR algorithm
and test it. But the results for a closed surface input are unexpected,
that is, the patch grids contained in interior of the closed surface on
each level are not hierarchical but uniform. I don't know whether the
results are correct or not, because I am not at all familiar.

If someone experienced Berger-Rigoutsos algorithm, please let me know the
correct behaviors or the correct implementation in VTK.

Regards,
yoshimi