[vtkusers] Building 7.0.0 on 64-bit Windows 10 Python 3.5

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon Sep 26 16:35:53 EDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 14:01:45 -0600, Daryl Lee wrote:
> Environment:
>      CMake 3.6.2
>      Visual Studio 2015 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
>      Windows 10 Home Version 1511 (64-bit)
>
> 1.  I get a couple hundred warnings on exception processing, with the
> suggestion to set the /EHsc option, but I can't figure out in Visual
> Studio where to set that.  I've explored the ALL_BUILD options and can't
> find any place for that, nor can I find it in any of the individual
> projects I examined.

You can set it in CMake by adding it to CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS (which works
better anyways since editing the .vcxproj files will be overridden by
CMake when it reruns).

> 2.  The first of a long list of actual errors is in lookup3.c, where is
> found this sequence at line 57:
>
> #ifndef WIN32
> #include <sys/param.h>
> #endif
>
> where it can't find sys/param.h.  My guess is that since this is a
> 64-bit machine, WIN32 may not be defined, but since it's a Windows
> machine, param.h may not exist.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Hrm. It's probably supposed to be `_WIN32` (which is the standard define
for detecting Windows). Could you open a bug? We have a VS 2015
buildbot, but it is Windows 7 (not that I think that's a big difference
for this problem) and it is building vtknetcdf (where it looks like that
file exists).

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues

--Ben