[vtkusers] Building 7.0.0 on 64-bit Windows 10 Python 3.5

Daryl Lee daryl at daryllee.com
Mon Sep 26 16:01:45 EDT 2016

On 9/26/16 11:59 AM, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 17:22:34 -0700, Daryl Lee wrote:
>> I am making my first attempt, without success, to build VTK 7.0.0 on 64-bit
>> Windows 10 for Python 3.5,  following the instructions in
>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Configure_and_Build.  Before I detail the issues
>> I'm having, should I expect to be able to do this?
> We test Python 3.4 on Windows 7 (and 3.5 on Linux) now. At the time of
> 7.0.0's release, we were testing 3.2 on Windows 7 (and 3.4 on Linux), so
> I don't know the state of 3.5 for the release, but I don't think there
> were any changes for 3.5 specifically.
>
> What errors are you seeing? Also, what CMake/Visual Studio versions?
>
> --Ben

Thanks for the response.

Environment:
     CMake 3.6.2
     Visual Studio 2015 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
     Windows 10 Home Version 1511 (64-bit)

1.  I get a couple hundred warnings on exception processing, with the
suggestion to set the /EHsc option, but I can't figure out in Visual
Studio where to set that.  I've explored the ALL_BUILD options and can't
find any place for that, nor can I find it in any of the individual
projects I examined.

2.  The first of a long list of actual errors is in lookup3.c, where is
found this sequence at line 57:

#ifndef WIN32
#include <sys/param.h>
#endif

where it can't find sys/param.h.  My guess is that since this is a
64-bit machine, WIN32 may not be defined, but since it's a Windows
machine, param.h may not exist.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Daryl Lee
We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the center and knows. -- Robert Frost