[vtkusers] Building VTK with OpenGL2 and Module_vtkRenderingExternal

A.E. Szalo qcring at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 17 12:53:44 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a small open source project (check it out on GitHub if you’re interested: https://github.com/qCring/QuickVtk <https://github.com/qCring/QuickVtk>) and have encountered the following issue: I’m not able to build VTK with OpenGL2 and Module_vtkRenderingExternal from more recent commits (results in configuration error in CMake). Without Module_vtkRenderingExternal I can’t access vtkExternalOpenGLRenderWindow which I need to embed VTK into my Qt/QML application. Is there an alternative way to achieve that without relying on Module_vtkRenderingExternal and also having OpenGL2 enabled instead of switching back to OpenGL?

Thanks in advance!