[vtkusers] ClipClosedSurface - Choose which side of plane to keep

EdwardWang ed1996 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 14:06:48 EDT 2016

Hi all,

This feels like a trivial issue, but I've been having some trouble with
vtkClipClosedSurface. Basically, I describe a plane using the normal and an
origin point, and try to clip based on that plane.
This image shows what I'm trying to do.
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5740367/clip.png>

The problem is that the wrong side of the plane is being returned. The grey
is the original model and the yellow is the result of the clipping. I want
the grey part, not the yellow part.

I've tried flipping the sign of the normal vector, but that hasn't helped.
Any ideas on how to do this?

For reference, I am using Slicer3D, which uses vtk.

Thank you,
Edward