[vtkusers] QVTKWidget in DockWidget (as Qt Plugin) does not render correctly

bsxside b.schober at stemmer-imaging.de
Tue Sep 13 11:23:04 EDT 2016

Hello,

I have following setup:
I load my VTK application as a plugin in my Qt application. Therefore I
create a QVTKWidget in the plugin.

Issue:
I can see the point cloud (vtkPolyData) shortly correctly (like a blink),
then the lower part of it disappears.

As I am not sure, where this issue comes from, first here is the create
window source code:

Rendering is done in following function:

After this I only see part of the point cloud.

Running following code after rendering, the whole point cloud is shown
correctly. So I am only repeating part of the code after first rending and
run a second render:

For sure I am doing something wrong or I do not consider some important
point, but also searching for a solution I could not find anything. So this
is my last hope to avoid this "work-around" repeating code to get a correct
image.

Thank you very much in advance!

Bea