[vtkusers] GPU Memory Detection

ianl ilindsay at insigniamedical.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 06:26:32 EDT 2016

Hi, I have downloaded the latest master branch code and built the 32 bit
version.

Slightly, but not much better - GetMaxMemoryInBytes() on the smart volume /
gpu mapper still returns 134217728 (128 MB) and mostly no volume shown with
lots of out of memory errors from OpenGL as before. I am reasonably sure
that this particular set volume rendered fine in 32 bit mode with the 64 bit
IDs flag on as it is one of our common test sets.

When testing, I did get the volume to render a few times, and it looked like
it was having to drop to the reduced volume (due to the incorrect 128MB
measurement?). It may be this memory allocation that is failing.

Any ideas?