[vtkusers] Placing volumes exactly adjacent to each other

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Fri Sep 9 05:08:13 EDT 2016

> Hi all,
>
> I have a hopefully simple question:
>
> Since the bounds of a vtkImageData start and end in the center of the
> corner voxels, if I want to place two volumes in the world adjacent (right
> next to eachother) using SetPosition, will I have to compensate for this,
> to avoid the volumes overlapping by 0.5*spacing_of_first_volume +
> 0.5*spacing_of_second_volume ?

I guess this is really two questions:

1) Is the (visual, in world) size of a volume in the first dimension
(extent[1] - extent[0]) * spacing[2] or (extent[1] - extent[0] + 1) *
spacing[2].
2) Will SetPosition move the volume such that the center of the corner
voxel is at the given world position?

Elvis