[vtkusers] scatterplot with different marker shapes, sizes and colors?

Mario Emmenlauer mario at emmenlauer.de
Wed Sep 7 11:07:05 EDT 2016

Thanks Cory for the quick reply! If I'd send a patch, would you find it
worthwhile to include it in the repository?

Cheers,

    Mario

On 07.09.2016 15:43, Cory Quammen wrote:
> Mario,
>
> I am not aware of any capability in VTK to change the marker points or
> shapes based on the input data. A patch would be required to support
> that. It might be too hard to implement if you want to give it a try.
>
> Best,
> Cory
>
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 6:08 AM, Mario Emmenlauer <mario at emmenlauer.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> can somebody help me with this, is it possible to get scatterplots with
>> different marker shapes and/or sizes? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>> See below for more info...
>>

>> On 27.08.2016 00:55, Mario Emmenlauer wrote:
>>>
>>> I've been using vtkPlot to get a simple and easy-to-use scatterplot,
>>> and it works great! But ideally I'd like to also have different marker
>>> sizes, i.e. to specify a marker size for each point. I could trace the
>>> code into vtkOpenGLContextDevice2D::DrawPointSprites() where the marker
>>> sprites are drawn. But a recommendation would help - is it even possible
>>> and runtime-efficient to have variable sizes? Or would it come at a huge
>>> performance penalty? How is the best way to achieve it, is it required
>>> to patch vtkOpenGLContextDevice2D or are the other means?
>>>
>>> All the best,
>>>
>>>     Mario Emmenlauer

Viele Gruesse,

    Mario Emmenlauer

--
BioDataAnalysis GmbH, Mario Emmenlauer      Tel. Buero: +49-89-74677203
Balanstr. 43                   mailto: memmenlauer * biodataanalysis.de