[vtkusers] How to compute streamline length?

vincentrivola vincentrivola at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 5 09:45:50 EDT 2016

Dear Andy,Thank you for your reply. Indeed, it looks like it is the only
solution. So I changed the class vtkStreamTracer in order to output the
legnth of the streamline and it is working fine.However I still have the
problem that my algorithm is not fast enough. I am currently trying two
fast, typicaly around 180ms). Then I have to use the threshold filter, in
order to select my streamlines one by one, get the value of the streamline
length and add it to an original polydata array called lenght. The problem
in this case is that the threshold part is the too slow, I don't know why.-
2) I loop over all the points of my original polydata, then I compute the
streamline for one point (using SetStartPosition in vtkStreamTracer) but
this operation is very slow, typically 8ms per points which end up in more
than 20seconds for the whole polydata. In this case I don't have to use the
threshold, but the update() of the vtkStreamTracer is too slow for one
streamline compared to doing the streamtracing on the whole polydata.Does
anyone know how to solve the second option issue? I currently use the same
properties to generate the streamlines either for one point or for the whole
polydata.