[vtkusers] Why is the text of vtkCaptionWidget displayed at the default position no matter what position value I set?

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Tue Oct 25 10:16:12 EDT 2016

Are you also setting the attachment point? From the vtkCaptionActor2D docs:

 * To use the caption actor, you normally specify the Position and Position2
 * coordinates (these are inherited from the vtkActor2D superclass). (Note
 * that Position2 can be set using vtkActor2D's SetWidth() and SetHeight()
 * methods.)  Position and Position2 define the size of the caption, and a
 * third point, the AttachmentPoint, defines a point that the caption is
 * associated with.

Also relevant:

 * The trickiest part about using this class is setting Position, Position2,
 * and AttachmentPoint correctly. These instance variables are
 * vtkCoordinates, and can be set up in various ways. In default usage, the
 * AttachmentPoint is defined in the world coordinate system, Position is
the
 * lower-left corner of the caption and relative to AttachmentPoint (defined
 * in display coordaintes, i.e., pixels), and Position2 is relative to
 * Position and is the upper-right corner (also in display
 * coordinates).

HTH,
Dave