[vtkusers] vtkConnectivityFilter

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 19:00:30 EDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 5:36 PM, SM Rolfe <smrolfe at uw.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have been using the vtkConnectivityFilter successfully on polydata
> stored as .vtp files. I just used it on a new file, and instead of getting
> the correct number of components, the number of regions was equal to the
> number of cells. Looking at files, I don't see any obvious differences. Any
> insight on what could cause this type of error would be helpful.
> Thanks,
> Sara

My guess is that the cells don't actually share geometry/points. That is,
imagine two triangles that share an edge. This should be only 4 points (ABC
and BCD, where the shared edge is BC). If instead the data has 6 points
(ABC and DEF), even if the coordinates of B are the same as E and the
coordinates of C are the same as F, they are not "connected" in a
topological sense.

David