[vtkusers] QT Button on top of QVTKWidget Mac OS

Matt C mattkingc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 11:17:54 EDT 2016

I've got it working now using the QVtkWidget3 code from the stackoverflow
post above.  I had to upgrade to Qt 5.5 to support this.

I did hit a couple of issues
 - On the MacBook retina display the sizing was 1/2 size because it uses a
size parameter that no longer applies  This is a known bug with solution:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39455504/qt-mainwindow-with-qopenglwidget-in-retina-display-displays-wrong-size

 - I had to call QSurfaceFormat::setDefaultFormat() before constructing the
QApplication which is only required for Mac OS and is noted on
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qopenglwidget.html

- Was trying to use a PCLVisualizer to create the render window but it only
support a vtkrenderer so am going back to using straight vtk.