[vtkusers] Rendering bug with VTK 7.0 + Qt 5.7 (non-retina MacBook)

Enzo Matsumiya enzo.matsumiya at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:33:23 EDT 2016

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the fast reply.

I would like to report that I still had the same issues with both 7.1 RC
and the master branch.

But I would like to add that when using an external monitor and setting it
as the main screen, the artifacts and some of the weird behaviors goes
away, but the QVTKWidget goes missing when clicking outside of it.

Thanks,

On 20 October 2016 at 11:59, Shawn Waldon <shawn.waldon at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Enzo,
>
> I know there have been some Qt5 + OpenGL2 issues in the past (and possibly
> still currently in VTK).  I would like to point out that Qt 5.5 was current
> when VTK 7.0 was released, so you are using two library versions that were
> never tested together.  Could you try the 7.1 release candidate?  You may
> have better luck since that has had over a year of fixes (including several
> for the Qt5 + OpenGL2 case) and has been tested with Qt5.7 in some of our
> applications.
>
> HTH,
> Shawn
>
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Enzo Matsumiya <enzo.matsumiya at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Recently I came across this issue on a non-retina Mac, where the
>> rendering will show some artifacts, but also will perform some unwanted
>> actions by itself, such as windowing, reslicing and some elements (e.g.
>> vtkResliceCursorWidget) goes missing at random.
>>
>> Some information:
>> MacBook mid-2012 Core i5, non-retina
>> Intel HD Graphics 4000
>> Mac OS X 10.11.6
>>
>> VTK 7.0 stable
>> Compiled with clang
>> Dynamic libs
>> Release build type
>> OpenGL2 backend
>>
>> Qt 5.7
>> Default installation from the OSX package
>>
>> Here is an example screenshot of what kind of artifacts I'm seeing:
>>
>> https://i.imgsafe.org/8c735567e8.png
>>

>> Thanks in advance.

>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ