[vtkusers] [-Winconsistent-missing-override] after new VTK build

BBerco bebe0705 at colorado.edu
Wed Oct 19 19:07:45 EDT 2016

Hi all,
I just retrieved the latest tarball of VTK at
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk and built it with

*
cmake  ../../vtk/ -G "Unix Makefiles"
-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH:PATH=/Users/me/Qt/5.6/clang_64/ -DVTK_USE_QVTK:BOOL=ON
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DVTK_USE_GUISUPPORT:BOOL=ON
-DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE:PATH=~/Qt/5.6/clang_64/bin/qmake
-DVTK_Group_Qt:BOOL=ON -DVTK_QT_VERSION:STRING=5
*
followed by *make*. The library built without warnings, but I am now getting
hundreds of warnings pertaining to a function definition mismatch ( as the
*[-Winconsistent-missing-override]*
 flag appears everywhere in the error log).

Attached is the output of stderr collected when building my application.
Attached is also the CMakeLists.txt of my application. Note the
*add_definitions(-Wall)*, which used to stay quiet until I moved to the
newest version of VTK.

Any help is appreciated to solve this mysterious case, thanks!

Error log <https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzf79yzZcPJJTkttM3lHMENJVzA>

CMakeLists.txt
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzf79yzZcPJJc21FTGZNVUZZaVU>